[78-L] London -- Made in England?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 18 15:02:02 PDT 2011

How does one go about telling the country of sale for a London
78  circa late 40s and early 50s. Most London's I have say 'Made in
England' which makes me say -- oh really! They carted 78s across the
pond to sell in the USA and Canada?

I just bought a 78 of The Third Man Theme by Anton Karas on London
536. It, of course says, Made in England. But as I bought it from a
guy in Canada, my assumption is that it would be Canadian (or at
least for sale there) as the matrix number is CA DDR-14059. Does the
CA mean 'pressed for Canadian sale?' (DDR etc being the Decca master
number). Am I correct