[78-L] Churchill Speech - corroded metal disc

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:25:29 PDT 2011

Is it possible you have an uncoated aluminum? If it is, you should be able to wash off the white speckling with dish soap. I don't think I've ever seen a solid, uncoated, steel record, though anything is possible. I had pre-grooved zinc Echo records from the 1920s at one time, but there's little chance that anyone would still be using those in 1941. Whereas there were uncoateds still in use, mostly old, leftover discs as they stopped making them in 1938.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com