[78-L] Early Supraphon LPs

Brian Bashford brianlives at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:40:21 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
I've just come into possession of 3 early Czech Supraphon 10" LPs. The
catalogue numbers are DM 5022,  DM 5032 and  DM 5399. The first appears to
be dated 1950 and the other 2 are 1951.  All have similar light green
gatefold sleeves with plain white backs. The cardboard sleeves appear to be
stitched together  along the top and bottom seams.

My question is ... are these dates too early for Supraphon?  I'd been led to
believe that they didn't start producing vinyl LPs until 1954.

Regards,
Brian B.