[78-L] Bermuda TALBOT Brothers INFO WANTED

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Aug 10 05:13:26 PDT 2011

I have some images of albums & labels, with info taken from ebay.
Thomas, if you want some images then tell me so.

The cat.nrs on labels are: 1001-1003 (with A/B sides) and TB-20,-21 & -23.
I do not have images of 1001-A and T-22.
There are 2 different album covers:
- 6 song titles on cover [no fishes pictured on cover]
- "Six Favorite Selections" [said to be vol.2]. Rather similar cover, but with 3 fishes added.
Does LP cover have fishes?

The 6 songs on v.1 are:
Fire / Razor / Smart / Buggy / Freckles / Chick.
These songs are on 1002-A, 1003-A, T-20, T-21, T-23, 1001-B.

I assume that the 100-series nrs on the labels (102, 107, 108) are mx.nrs.
Other mxs on labels are: 101 on 1002-A (this label exists without and with mx), and
103 on 1002-B.
The T-series shows no mxs and possibly were the first issues.
1002-B is The Honeydripper (Joe Liggins) / Vocal by THE TALBOT BROTHERS / 103.

Couplings are varying. I have noted:
T21 c/w T23;
T20 c/w 1003-A;
T20 c/w 1001B. From the layout it appears that the T20 labels are different printings.

This label is different from "Bermuda Records", which lists address Hamilton, Bermuda
on the labels and has a different logo (Bermuda in script over island map).

han enderman
===
>>> 78rpm TALBOT BROTHERS recordings:
These appear to be their own productions, and the couplings of the
various sides varies from album to album.

I've only seen albums labeled VOLUME 2
Does anyone have VOLUME 1 ???

The record label SEEMS to be BERMUDA ISLANDS RECORDS, but that does
NOT appear on the discs I've seen.

Does anyone know if they were known as BERMUDA TALBOT BROTHERS,
or is BERMUDA the name of the album?

The 78rpm album has a cover, and liner inside front cover.
This same cover and liner was used on the AUDIO FIDELITY albums, but
the songs on those LP's are different.

The JAY 10" LP and a UK 10" LP (GTB Vol.1) track lists duplicate the 78's I list
below.

There is a BERMUDA RECORDS LP-100 (10"-LP)
Bermuda in SONGS "Dedicated To You"
which has a cover similar to the 78's Vol.2 but has mostly different titles -
perhaps these are from a previous (or subsequent!!) 78rpm set?

HERE is a list of the 78's I've seen:

T-20     Man Smart Woman Smarter                                      Archie Talbot
T-21     Bermuda Buggy Ride (Sanford Green-Max David)                 Ross "Blackie" Talbot

T-23     She's Got Freckles on Her But She's Nice                     Austin Talbot

1001B    But She's My Buddy's Chick (Sy Oliver-Cholly Atkinson)       Ross "Blackie" Talbot  102
1002-A-1 Out The Fire (Cecil Anderson) (Calypso)                      Archie Talbot

1003A    Razor Razor (Calypso)                                        Ross "Blackie" Talbot  107
1003B    Hip Hip Hooray (Ebbins-Nemo) Bermuda lyrics Talbot Brothers  Ross "Blackie" Talbot  108

The numbers listed at right for 3 sides appear on disc labels, but not in the wax.

Anyone know what these numbers mean?
The numbers at left are in the wax AND on the label.  Some pressings have a -1

suffix.
(thomas stern)
---
I have the following coupling on a 78.

Bermuda Talbot Brothers
(light blue label, 'Bermuda' in large white script, TALBOT BROTHERS in white
capital letters underneath)

Side 1:
T-20-1   MAN SMART - WOMAN SMARTER
Vocal by  ARCHIE TALBOT