[78-L] Questions

BlueRidgeAnnie at aol.com BlueRidgeAnnie at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 17:09:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

I found your site, when I was researching old red  vinyl records.  I
didn't
know if this would be a forum for  someone with records to sell, or  if it
is only for people who want to  discuss their collections.

I have a great many old records which  belonged to mother's brother.  My
uncle, who I never met, loved to  listen to his records, according to my
grandmother.  He died in  1950 or 1951 in his early 20's coming home for
Christmas, and she kept  them for almost 50 years.  I found  them after my
grandmother
passed away in 1998.

All of the records are LP's from the  1940's, before his  death.  I have
several sets and some  individual records.  I have  Sinatra and others.
Many
are  the red vinyl.  Most are in very good  condition, in their original
boxes
and sleeves.

I don't know much about these records but know  neither I nor my children
would ever appreciate them as much as a  collector would.  I don't want to
sell them to just anyone, but I  need to sell them, if only to preserve
them.
I have them in  conditioned storage now, but they deserve  better.

Thank you for  anything you have to offer,
Anne  Smith