[78-L] B&N Criterion sale (was French stuff esp. Chevalier)

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:57:55 PDT 2011

> Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 18:38:32 -0400
> From: mbiel at mbiel.com
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Subject: Re: [78-L] French stuff esp. Chevalier
>
> I didn't realize B&N had done a half-price Criterion sale again. I got
> this Lubitch set last time they had the sale, along with about ten other
> sets and films including the original 3 Penny Opera and a phonograph
> related Rene Clare film A Nois la Liberte. Right now they are not at
> half price, it is more like 31% off.
>
> Mike BIel mbiel at mbiel.com

They had it last week. Will let you know next time M<ike. But the real question is:   It's taking me 7 hours to watch the 4 disc Lubitch set. If you bought TEN other sets, I fihute that is 4 (24 hou!) days to watch those. Are you really wathing them??? Or buying because on sale? <g>

I rented the Rene Clair one (A Nous La Liberte) years ago and like but didn't need to own. Same with Le Million - his musical.

I'm now though the second Lubitch (Monte Carolo) Adorable and great songs but Jack Buchanan is no "love interest" IMHO.

Actually I'll just sell these on Amazon when I'm done. Bought from B&N because 50% off was cheaper than "used" on Amazon!

Steve