[78-L] Beer coasters

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 3 14:44:17 PDT 2011

I switched to 1-40x Fuji for all first generation transfers a couple of years
ago. Quite cheap (sometimes on a spindle, sometimes in jewel boxes) from Total
Media which often has specials and free shipping to a US address. Sony was
often on sale at $15 per hundred at Staples, but as I say, the product became
unreliable a couple of years ago and I won't go back to it..the replacements I
got (with much snarling and general cheapness on the part of the staff of Sony
of Canada, i.e. they opened a spindle and counted off the number of discs I was
returning and gave them to me without even a freakin' plastic bag, let alone a
spindle or any packaging) proved to be equally useless.

I use the HHB 830 which has served me well for about 8 years..and as I say, the
TDKs surprised me and worked perfectly in real time. Ridata 52x discs have also
been reliable.

dl