[78-L] Beer coasters

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 3 08:12:36 PDT 2011

On 8/3/2011 11:06 AM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> I've heard of turning out beer coasters, but this is the first time I've been
> aware of CDs that fulfilled the prediction of their name..
>
> dl
>
> The only commercial CDs which have deteriorated to the point of unplayability in my experience are the RCA issue of the complete Caruso with the batwing labels.
>
> Of my own burned CDs, I've had a number on which I affixed a paper label which no longer play, but any with no labels play fine.
>
> db

Some early Pearls developed problems, as I recall. As for home made beer
coasters, I was happily using Sony 48x blanks in my HHB BurnIt until I hit a
batch that displayed "error" every time. Sony replaced them and the new ones
were no better, so I relegated the remaining ones to be used for high speed
duping and that was the end for Sony. Even 52x TDKs that I can buy for $15 a
spindle in Buffalo have proved to be 100% reliable.