[78-L] Decca session information needed

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Jul 28 15:43:39 PDT 2011

Thanks Han, David!

Need more clarification -
  The 2 sides with usual Decca matrix numbers - were these also "transcription" recordings, but assigned Decca numbers?  or were
they a different session, at Decca Studios?

  Were TNY's intended for transcription distribution (i.e. for broadcast) or was it just
a recording service?  Was it part of Decca or independent?
  Would it be a reasonable guess these were recorded on spec and sold to Decca, rather
than initiated by Decca?
  If the TNY matrix series are listed in the Decca discography - is there information about
what recordings were in the numbers in the gaps?  Or does anyone have recordings with the
missing numbers? [TNY 1000-1014, 1016, 1017; plus below 999 and above 1021]
  THANKS!
Best wishes, Thomas.