[78-L] V-Disc inquiries

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 27 20:23:46 PDT 2011

According to Sears' V-Disc book, the highest number is 905. I don't know about
skipped numbers, but there are some unnumbered ones, like
Army Hit Kit Tune AHK 1/2, mx XP 33505-1A, 33504-1A
SONG OF THE ARMY TRANSPORTATION CORPS (Hupfeld) 3:15
PORT BATTALIONS PARADE (Loesser) 2:12
RAILROADERS ALWAYS (Capt. R. B. River-Sgt. J. Tomaselli) 2:08
     --MARK WARNOW & HIS ORCHESTRA with the LYN MURRAY SINGERS
as well as discs of Bugle Calls, the Duckworth Chant et al.

The book (V-Discs, A History and Discography by Richard S. Sears) was published
by Greenwood in 1980. They've been known to re-print some titles to order.

dl