[78-L] Guy Lombardo

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Jul 26 17:06:46 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

David Burnham wrote:

> I just found a recording by Guy Lombardo on the "Melotone" label,
> no M13176, with "Villia" on side A and "You or No One" on side B.
> I've never seen Lombardo records that aren't on Victor, Columbia,
> Decca or Capitol.  Is this a remastering from one of those labels
> or was there a Melotone period in Lombardo's career?

Reissues off Brunswick:

1776 Broadway, New York, 20 December 1932.
B 12766-A  Vilia - Brunswick 6466

Same studio, 29 August 1933.
B 13863-A  You Or No One - Brunswick 6641

Take care,

Joe
--
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one
standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"--Karl Knox (1960-2005)