[78-L] Ameri-Briticisms (was Re: Overseas Recorded Broadcasting Service ( ENSA))

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:01:39 PDT 2011

On 7/25/2011 9:19 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> There are estate sales that are organized by professionals.

Correct. However, "professional" is a word with some latitude. Some
hardly seem worth the title to me.

  I get the
> impression that sometimes not all the stuff is from the one house.

Correct.

> And not long ago I was given access to "all the records" left behind by a
> deceased person, who had specified this to his friends before dying. I was
> interested in only a small percentage of them, which I took..

good deal!

the sale
> organizers really didn't have the faintest idea what to do with the rest, which
> they probably offered as one huge lot.

Or they sold for a few dollars each, and many remained when the sale was
over and went where unwanted records go, the dumpster or the local
resale shop for a tax write off.

joe salerno