[78-L] This Record is Not to be Broadcast

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 24 14:05:59 PDT 2011

On 7/24/2011 3:11 PM, agp wrote:
> I just took delivery of a 3 cd set called 'This Record is Not to be
> Broadcast'. It is a collection of 75 records banned by the BBC. Its
> on the Fantastic Voyage label (FVTD018). While not comprehensive, for
> example it is missing When I'm Cleaning Windows by George Formby.

That's because it is track 4 on volume 2.

Thanks for the info on these.  They certainly are cheap enough and
despite the reservations from you and the reviewer on Vol 2, there's
enough good stuff on these to make it worthwhile.  I just ordered both
from the same dealer in U.K. using the bonus points I got on my Amazon
card to get them for free.  I wonder why the 2 disc vol 2 is a couple of
bucks more expensive than the three disc vol 1.  And it also reminded me
that I forgot to order the Zacherlie CD when it came out a few months ago.

Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com