[78-L] Greatest addicts

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 23 13:44:25 PDT 2011

At 19:47 23/07/2011, EK wrote:
>Exactly : his praise is  that his records are avidly hunted for and
>cherished 80 years after his death (not to mention the tremendous influence
>on jazz playing in general) . I don't think Amy will be listened to too much
>100 years from now....

I disagree ... when the one remaining recording company (!) releases
a music-experience-device or whatever  the equivalent medium of the
day is to the CD of 200 plus years of music, she will be on it ...
but only because of of her death. Had she not does now, nope. The
reason is wrapped in what I wrote: "On a peer basis she was far
better than drivel on the radio today. One may argue that this is not
saying much.", for we live in the most mediocre times in the history
of recorded sound." Take Lady GaGa -- channels dance-era Madonna with
her songs, Bette Midler with her stage show (Bette has slapped her
verbally for stealing her Dolores Delago mermaid routine), and
slathers it in sleaze.

Hey hey we are the Monkees, a manufactured image.....