[78-L] Greatest addicts

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 23 12:55:13 PDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 3:38 PM, buster wrote:
> 1.  That there were no Grammy awards in bix's day

There have been many reissues that could have been eligible for Grammys
in historical divisions.

> 2.  That the Grammy award is commercial rather than merit-based

To the contrary, although the award may now seem to be commercial, the
award was very clearly originated to NOT be commercially based.  The
original documentation back in the 50s discusses the merit bases of the
awards were NOT to be based in any way on sales or popularity

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com