[78-L] Capitol schmutz

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 17 12:05:14 PDT 2011

1:200 is the standard mixture (PhotoFlo and Steam Distilled Water) but you can
go to 2:200 for oilier discs. I find that exuded stuff on thousands of records
and I don't know if it's from the shellac or some interaction with the material
in the sleeve. It almost never turns up on 78s that were housed in dry cabinets
in green sleeves at CFRB and the CBC Toronto, but similar discs in similar
sleeves from CBC Halifax are always gooped up.

dl