[78-L] Home 78 rpm disc Recorder

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat Jul 16 17:03:13 PDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 2:58, Dennis Flannigan wrote:
> Thanks for quick responses. It was not Silvertone, but a brand I'd never
> seen before in any context. I'll check the brand this week, and at least ask
> about a recorder I can identify.
>
> However, a follow up question. Is there any value to such an item? I don't
> mean will someone buy it; but other than for sport, is there a single reason
> one would still use it?
>
> I suspect thirty bucks would make me the "proud, new owner." It's after that
> where I get worried. Addicts never really need to try a new drink, and
> perhaps my addiction to 78s doesn't need a new genre for mere or more folly.

It depends upon what level you wish to operate this hobby. Only you can
determine that. For some, the challenge of getting a period piece of
electronics is a thrill. Others may simply enjoy trying to work an
obsolete technology.
We few months ago, I saw a Recordio console complete with microphone and
instruction book for $60.00. I felt really bad letting it go. But there
was no place to keep it.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.