[78-L] Victor 19398 (was Brunswick 2630)

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Sat Jul 16 16:50:41 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

David Diehl wrote:

> I've been meaning to ask Sam Brylawski about this one. EDVR sez
> take 1 destroyed, take 2 issued. I have an Oakland pressing
> of...wait for it...take 3, audibly different from -2, which is
> included on the National Jukebox.
> DJD

Oh, now that's intriguing! My copy is also an Oakland pressing, with
the unusual serifed typeface. Dunno the take here at work. My uncle
and aunt have a copy with usual sans-serif typeface; I believe it's
the same take as my copy, but I haven't heard their copy in nearly 40
years.

I'm gonna go grab that -2 copy off the National Jukebox right now!
T'anx!

Take care,

Joe
--