[78-L] Air Check records

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Jul 16 06:23:59 PDT 2011

I have an image of AC 1005-A, also with the Normanaires and Fred Norman Orch.
Tunes numbered 13-15.
This is odd since 1000 has tunes 1-3 coupled with 4-6.
This might indicate that only a single 6-track record was issued in range 1002-1004.
Label not in ARLD. Are label and records with Normanaires mentioned in Billboard?

han enderman
===
>>> Anyone know where this label is from and dates?  I bought one today at an estate sale.  I got 78-2001.
Here's a picture of 78-2002 that I found on the web:
http://hillbilly-researcher.blogspot.com/2010/03/air-check.html
I left 78-2003 behind at the sale.  It was warped so I just got this one.

Each song is 1 minute 30 seconds or shorter. First side was 4 minutes 28 seconds total.  It's definitely 50s.  The fact that the catalog number has a prefix of '78' tells me it was when other formats were popular as well.  I saw on another website another disk by Air Check they claimed was ca. 1952.  It didn't have the '78' prefix for the catalog number.

http://www.vocalgroupharmony.com/MyGreat.htm

So I'm curious where they're from and date range.
(GL)
<<<