[78-L] Air Check records

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 16 04:30:04 PDT 2011

I recall my uncle Andy (who was a TV repair man) giving me some of
these in the early 60s. I was 3 years old and sick. Just as some
parents today use the TV as a baby-sitter, mine was the record
player. Among the Moon Mullican's on King and the Gaylords' 78s on
Mercury were one or two of these. Seems to me that the musical
quality was somewhat akin to something one would expect to hear as
Ned Nasal and his Nine Nasty Nosepickers singing the greatest hits of
Johnny Ray as interpreted by the Ames Brothers.

Reminds me of those lps in the 1960s that entitled ''The Beatles Hits
all sung by 'the Original Artists'"