[78-L] Air Check records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jul 15 19:00:36 PDT 2011

On 7/15/2011 8:47 PM, Glenn Longwell wrote:
> Each song is 1 minute 30 seconds or shorter. First side was 4 minutes 28 seconds total.  It's definitely 50s.  The fact that the catalog number has a prefix of '78' tells me it was when other formats were popular as well.  I saw on another website another disk by Air Check they claimed was ca. 1952.  It didn't have the '78' prefix for the catalog number.
>
> http://www.vocalgroupharmony.com/MyGreat.htm
>
> So I'm curious where they're from and date range.
>
> Glenn

I think they were in NYC and in the mid 50s.  They did both pressings
and lacquers, and all I recall seeng are 33 microgroove.  The only one I
remember offhand is a Barry Farber program on WOR from the mid 50s where
Barry wasn't there.  I think the guest had it recorded, and I don't
remember either the guest or guest host.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

>>> Glenn