[78-L] Excelsior Record - Nobody (Recording date)

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 16:36:34 PDT 2011

Although the Song "Nobody" was associated with Bert Williams as his "signature" song from 1906, until the time of his death in 1922,
It was first recorded by Arthur Collins on Edison two minute Black Wax Cylinder 9084 in 1905. I also have in my Collection, Collins singing
"Nobody" on Excelsior Record x1545. Was this record also recorded before Williams first recorded the song in 1906? I can't find much on line concerning recording
dates for the International Talking Machine Co. or Auburn, New York, which pressed Excelsior, and was only in business for 2 or 3 years, before being sued
out of existence by Columbia for Patent rights infringement.

Bruce