[78-L] transfer pricing

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 19:06:23 PDT 2011

On a related note, what protocols would you guys suggest are best for giving original discs over for transfer, in terms of protections in event of loss, damage, etc? I realize that it is often done on a handshake, without any formal receipt papers, but I had a bad experience with a fairly well known "name" transfer engineer on a project, who was ultimately dishonest with me and others, resulting in our loss of some rare records, and realized later that I should have risked seeming paranoid and asked for something in writing at the time I gave possesion of the record. Live and learn, but what guidelines might I have used?

Warren