[78-L] Columbia discography

Bryan Wright bryan at claxtonola.com
Sun Jul 10 10:46:27 PDT 2011

Over the past year, I've relied heavily on the excellent online
discography of Victor recordings (EDVR) hosted by the University of
California while cataloguing my collection. The ability to search disc
numbers, see matrix numbers and rejected takes, additional personnel,
etc. has been a great help.

Are there any plans for a similar project with Columbia records? I
realize that the Columbia Master Book Discography published a decade
or so back would provide much of the information I seek, but having
just shelled out for the new Dance Band Discography (well worth the
money, by the way), I just can't afford any more discographies at the
moment. For now, I'm using Ty Settlemeier's online discography for my
Columbia discs, but it's not nearly as detailed as the EDVR site.

Bryan W.