[78-L] Kryl et al

phonoband at verizon.net phonoband at verizon.net
Wed Jul 6 19:52:54 PDT 2011

I too share your evaluation of Albert Bode's later recordings. However please listen to any of the 1891 Edison recordings of Gilmore's Band (December 17, 19 selections). Solid and in-command lead playing. Unfortunately, like Jules Levy, he had past his prime as a soloist by the turn of the century.

Best,
Dan