[78-L] 1925 Sunshine and 1935 Fox Movietone Labels

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 15:03:19 PDT 2011

List members may be interested in seeing the information on four rare Sunshine records from 1925.  I don't think there were many more issues than these.  This is the Sunshine Records label that was pressed by Okeh during 1925 in St. Petersburg, Florida.

These links are to my ebay listings where I have included the artists, tunes, catalog numbers, and matrix numbers along with clear scans of both labels for each record:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160609530294

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160609530475

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160609530703

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400225219779

Scans of all eight labels are also posted on my Really Old Records Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Really-Old-Records/113492545338506?ref=search

Just scroll down and click on the images to see them enlarged.  You do not need to be a Facebook member to see this page.

I also found a 1935 Helen Morgan Fox Movietone F-120.  Here is a link to the ebay listing where you can see scans of both labels along with matrices and recording date:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400226004766

This record is from the period when A.R.C. was pressing them, after Victor stopped.

This is not a sales email but a convenient way to share information about these great records.  I have made my sales mailing on 78-C where it belongs.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

http://www.reallyoldrecords.com