[78-L] Q.R.S. discs ^

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Jun 21 12:09:25 PDT 2011

Yea, I think the sound file would help (or it could hurt as I've also not
placed bids after hearing a sample of the music)! I recently turned up a
dupe of the 15700 M.L. Thrasher Columbia and ran it through the vmauction
site (here - http://www.vmauctions.com/items/item_details.php?id=2982). Kind
of the same thing, where as this record was guitar & auto-harp accompanied
(and quite good) rather than the more standard piano or organ accompaniment.
Not in E, condition mind you, but a solid VG+. It's probably near as scarce
as the Peck's record, but on Columbia rather than QRS. The high bid was $13.
I think I won my slightly better copy from one of Freeman's auctions the
year before for about $15. Adding the extra value for the scarcity of the
label & condition, I'm still no where near $75 - again just my opinion!

One thing I have learned about ebay though is that it is absolutely
impossible to predict what a record will sell for - no matter what your own
perceived value is. I am never (or always) surprised by how low or how high
some things go for! It's a total crapshoot for, but I guess for every 10 you
sell somewhat under value, you get 1 that goes over (and sometimes a good
bit over).

Yes, let me know when that Peck's record gets into the $20+ range!
And Paul, you do come up with some of the best country records!
Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerableradio.com
78rpm Record Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com