[78-L] Q.R.S. discs

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sun Jun 19 08:00:41 PDT 2011

On 6/19/2011 8:10, David Lennick wrote:
> I'm not being charged a premium for listing Buy It Now unless that happens when
> you're over your monthly free limit, but they DO charge you for posting a
> reserve price. That's what I'm finding..am I seeing different regulations
> posting in Canada? I'm also not restricted to certain shipping fees so I
> regularly list $5 or $10.

We must realize how the economic situation has affected our hobby and
the way Ebay is collecting it's share. they are hurting too. It's hard
to make a buck, that's for sure, perhaps even "break" even. Speaking of
"break", when selling fragile items that need special handling, one
should keep the service charge a little higher, and note that in the
description ("I pack my records for safe shipping so there is a $3.00
surcharge", or something like that).

Good packaging is more than just insurance. Insurance covers loss. It's
a guarantee that irreplaceable items get through. So extra charge for it
is value added, not just an expense. Fair customers know that. And when
buying multiple records, that expense can then be spread as you cost and
labor goes down. This encourages participation and multiple purchases,
not much help to those of us who just are selling one or 2 records.

I see that Ebay is having sales right now, not charging for buy it now
and other services, to encourage flagging activity.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.