[78-L] Benny's character - was 25 years ago today

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Jun 14 17:21:36 PDT 2011

Terry said that when Benny introduced the band (it was on the Arthur Murray show), he forgot Terry's name and called him "Gubenko" (Terry's real surname). When he called out "Teddy Wilson on piano," the whole band turned around to see who was playing piano.

My book "Good Vibes" (it's actually an "as-told-to" autobiography) is available on Amazon if anyone's interested. Published by Scarecrow Press in 2003.

Cary Ginell