[78-L] A question of release dates

Nicholas Fernandez nhf202 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 18:48:30 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and hoping to find someone who knows something
about a listing of 78 release dates. I have been able to find
recording dates for these sessions, but release dates seem to be much
more elusive. Thanks in advance for any help!

1: Victor EPB 3067
Duke Ellington plays the blues

2. Victor 20-2326 (78A)
Beale Street blues ; Transblucency (a blue fog that you can almost see
through)
Work(s)  Beale Street blues / W.C. Handy. Transblucency (a blue fog
that you can almost see through) /
Physical Item   Victor 20-2326 (78A). 1 sound disc : 78 rpm, mono ; 10-
inch, standard (shellac) : Victor (20-2326)

My research so far has the first one as being released in late August
or early September 1947 and the second as being released sometime
after August 1946.

Any help in narrowing this down or resources to find the information
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Nick