[78-L] THE BEATLES 78 RPM UNIQUE PRESSING COLOMBIA 1965-66

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 10 14:55:26 PDT 2011

At 21:44 10/06/2011, you wrote:
>Something about this doesn't ring right... if there WERE 78 Beatles
>pressings in Colombia, wouldn't we have heard about them already
>from the many Beatles collectors out there?
>
>It is hard to tell from the pics but (a) it looks like a vinyl
>press, and (b) that label looks too shiny.

This is also a bit of a reservation on my part, given the white
label. While it doesn't say 'Prohibida se venta' (not for sale) as do
many South American promos, it may be one.

Given parallels in reports in Billboard, 78s in those countries were
still made by EMI, RCA, and Columbia -- with Columbia (or Discos
Columbia), the latino arm,  based in Miami making 78s well into the
mid 60s specifically for that market (I know, I have one)