[78-L] record shelving again

Don Chichester dnjchi78 at live.com
Wed Jun 8 05:20:29 PDT 2011

I built my shelves with 1x10 and 1x12 boards, depending on the size records for intended use.  My collection is in a dry basement, on a concrete floor.  I would be somewhat worried about free-standing shelves, floor to ceiling, in the middle of a room, as the total weight might cause the floor to sag...or more.  At least along the wall you have the greater floor support.

Don Chichester