[78-L] Price $7.00 for Single Sided 12" 1912 Victrola Record?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jun 4 12:54:04 PDT 2011

Someone (maybe it was Ray Bryant or his sister,  Marie)  once told me that
those printed prices on the old Red Seals really didn't indicate what they
were selling for when new...also that many were included as bonuses when
someone purchased an expensive machine.

Over the years I've seen so many of the damn things which have printed
prices of   3-5 dollars that I'm inclined to believe the story.

Does anyone know the true facts about how they were sold/distributed back
then,  and if they did indeed sell many at those ambitious printed prices?

Taylor