[78-L] Puritan 4089

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 4 12:12:03 PDT 2011

No match! The pressing and label style look almost identical to the Brilliant
disc (which appears to be Canadian Brunswick) but this "Mary" isn't the 1920
one by Hirsch and Harbach, it's by Geo. L. Stoddard and Hugo Frey, published
1918. Brunswick is looking more likely. The label is gold, rust and black and
has the girl playing the virginal at the top.

dl

On 6/4/2011 3:05 PM, Glenn Longwell wrote:
> I thought for sure this was Paramount as well as I'm assuming it's a U.S. Puritan.  I figured the 30089 matched the catalog number for a vertical Paramount.  But I checked the January 1919 listing for NYRL and 30089 is Nona and Roses at Twilight by Paramount Dance Orchestra.  So no match here.  Do the labels match the songs?
>
> Glenn

>>> 30089B in the dead wax. Looks like another early vertical Brunswick pair.
>>> Only