[78-L] Z shellac

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 1 11:44:37 PDT 2011

It may have been as a result of the Carnegie Libraries insisting on better
quality shellac for the collections they were distributing. The 'z' stopped
appearing sometime around 1936 (?) but the quality of the pressings remained
good till the advent of drop automatic changers and the halving of prices in
1940, at which point everything went to hell.

dl