[78-L] Kaufman's Pagan Love Song on LP

jim brannen jbfinsup at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 11:07:53 PDT 2011

Annette Hanshaw's first issues with Columbia recorded in July 1928 where issued on Harmony 705-H and they are electric. Also Rudy Valle's "Doin' the Racoon" recorded Oct.1928 is also electric on Harmony 759-H. Possibly because their weaker more intimate voices only recorded well with a mike? So far I have not found any band recordings on Columbia cheapy labels prior to Jan.1930. Jimmyb