[78-L] Assistance Requested with Broadway DO

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Sat May 28 17:30:25 PDT 2011

http://www.box.net/shared/095zkflgy1

http://www.box.net/shared/rljxrc63z2

http://www.box.net/shared/4enstkp0qd

 The two Okeh files are probably the same "take", but are from different sources & one was a lot slower than the other.  The
Edison sounded fast to me, so that's been slowed to sound more like the one I thought sounded about right.  While the
orchestra plays well enough, the Edison recording is weak and tinny - it's from the 'audition pressings' at the Lab,
transferred some years ago.   Now that I've listened to them over and over (trying to remove the most egregious ticks), I
prefer the Okeh version.