[78-L] the original sound of the twenties --- lp

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Fri May 27 23:12:55 PDT 2011

I mis-remember, but not entirely.

Larry Carr heard the Aunt Jemima side in my apartment.  (He hadn't  even
known who she was.)  I also played the Morse "Moanin' Low" and  other sides.
I asked if he would reward me for the hours spent with him by  acknowledging
me in the notes.  He said no, he couldn't possibly list the  names of all
the people he'd talked to.

I recall asking if he was including a Harry Reser side.  He  said, "I hate
banjos."  I played Etting's "Happy Days and Lonely  Nights."  His response:
"Hawiian guitar!"  He looked at me as at an  idiot.

If you hear a raspberry, it's mine.

Paul Charosh

In a message dated 5/28/2011 12:58:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,