[78-L] Mae West - MezzoTone recordings

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon May 23 19:16:08 PDT 2011

On 5/22/2011 10:22, David Lennick wrote:
> They want $3.95 to let me read it.
> JOSEF CHERNIAVSKY, 68 '; Cellist andConductor Is Dead i Led Saginaw Symphony I
>
>       * Sign In to E-Mail
>       *
>         Permissions
>
> [ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]
>
> The first paragraph is not available for this article.
>
> Thank you for visiting The New York Times Archive.
>
> Purchase this article individually for $3.95 and download
> a high-resolution PDF with all of the images.
>
> You can also sign up for a Digital Subscription for as low as
> $3.75 a week and enjoy 100 Archive articles every four weeks.

I ran into this with the Chicago Tribune. Fortunately, many libraries
subscribe to Pro-Quest, which is the name of the outfit that does the
archiving. In days of old, they went  onto microfiche. Our local library
has the NY Times, but not the Chi Trib.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.