[78-L] Removing tape glue

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed May 18 20:14:54 PDT 2011

People seem to like Goo Gone for removing sticky stuff. I don't know how
effective it is on just plain crud, if that's what's left when the tape comes off.

I've run into a situation where some discs have had die-cut stickers attached,
half on the label and half on the record surface. Lighter fluid seems to be the
answer..then Goo Gone to remove what the lighter fluid didn't (these things are
stubborn). And then whatever you usually use on records to remove the Goo Gone.

dl