[78-L] Audio Restoration saves family recording

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 15:25:56 PDT 2011

I have done a few of these, more in the cassette days than since I've moved to the digital age, but have done some.  Anybody with a USB turntable thinks they are highly qualified to do this.  Just a few months ago my wife responded to an inquiry on a genealogy site to someone with a family USO WWII disc and wanted to know what to do with it.  She replied with a little info about cleaning, speeds and groove sizes and concluded by posting my e-mail address in hopes of securing a job or two.  Before the thread expired, there were 800+ posts, many by USB turntable experts and not one job lead for somebody who actually had a clue and a tad of experience.

Rotsa ruck.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.