[78-L] ARSC

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat May 14 23:43:46 PDT 2011

Great series of presentations at this year's ARSC conference.  The highlight in everybody's opinion that I spoke to, has to be the performance of Norman Corwin's "The Undecided Molecule", as presented by Michael Biel.  It was an authentic interpretation of a Radio Drama and the actors were seasoned veterans of the media.  The 103 year old Corwin was present.  It was written in a rhyming style sometimes reminiscent of Dr. Seuss and the humour was very rich.  Marvin Kaplan, who only had a small part himself, was often heard chuckling away into his microphone while the rest of the cast was performing.

Next year's conference is to be held in Rochester N.Y., so I won't be doing much driving to get there - ca. 3 hrs.

db