[78-L] Kid Ory - Ja-da - Am I Misremembering?

Doug Duncan d_duncan at ntlworld.com
Wed May 11 12:41:44 PDT 2011

On 11/05/2011 20:11, Ron L'Herault wrote:
> Could it have been a radio or TV broadcast?
>
> Ron L

No, I believe not. I remember listening to it in my friends bedroom in
cold wet Whitley Bay, Northumberland UK a million miles from New Orleans
(Which was where Jazz came from - Clearly).

It was one of a small stack of 78s he had that I imagine were handed
down from his parents.

The other thing to note was that, at the time, there were not very many
radio stations on the air in the UK. There were the four BBC stations ,
the last of the Pirate stations and Radio Luxembourg. The total amount
of Jazz per week would be about 10 hours and all of it after my bed time.

Doug