[78-L] 1927 Leo Reisman alternate take

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue May 10 10:59:28 PDT 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Jim Brannen wrote:

> Hi everybody, new to 78-L, but not 78 collecting. Been seriously
> collecting sine I was 12. I'm 66 now.

Welcome! You're among friends. And a few crazy people. <grin>

> My Reisman Columbia of "Red Lips" is also take 2. Any speculation
> on what take is most common. 2 or 4?

I've had three copies over 40-plus years (have two of them now), and
all are Take 4; have never seen a -2 copy, and obviously am seeking
same! Differences are quite subtle. I am in the midst of transferring
Take 4 and will be posting it on a Yahoo! Group, probably
BigBandJazzMusic. Stay tuned.

Take care,

Joe
--
"If their claws didn't retract, cats would be like Velcro."--Bruce Fogle