[78-L] Swing Time, Down Beat questions

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon May 9 09:22:33 PDT 2011

Hi Phil -
In the beginning was Down Beat (c. 04/48 or earlier). And, lo, it came
to pass that the name changeth to Swing Beat (c. 10/49) and that begat
Swing Time (c. 03/50). All 3 labels were owned by Jack Lauderdale, out
of Los Angeles. I knowest not from  the Swing label, but I have label
scanneths. And, behold, there's also the " 'Swing' With The Stars" Swing
label, which relateth to the other four not.
Amen.
Mal

*******