[78-L] Kurt Nauck's Auctions.

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat May 7 19:47:54 PDT 2011

On 5/7/2011 10:39 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:

> Point is that the majority of us 78 collectors/accumulators are "senior
> citizens" trying to survive on minimal pension incomes...! I can see
> your point about $3 becoming a necessary price for 78's; however,
> that limits me to buying 30-40 records a month...if that...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

There are still places where 78s can be obtained very cheaply, including the
Kingston Symphony Rummage Sale and the thrift stores. Kurt's time is worth
money, his catalog is an expensive one to print and mail out, and he wouldn't
make much money listing ten cent records. I list interesting records on 78-C
from time to time but I'm not going to put dollar records up there, even though
I probably have thousands of records that aren't worth even that. Want a three
foot wide shelf of Harry James red Columbias? Great music, but unless one of
them is the original issue of All Or Nothing At All with Sinatra's name in
small print below Harry's, they ain't worth a pinch of coonsh*t in Lake Erie.