[78-L] Museum quality?

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat May 7 18:46:20 PDT 2011

From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>

> I call my collection an archive rather than a museum. A museum implies
> "look-but-don't-touch." An archive is something that will be used and I'm
> in my record room playing 78s every chance I get. That's what they're
> there for.
> Cary Ginell

In the unlikely event that some hapless party wants/ed to look at one
of my 78's...he/she/it is welcome to do so (though some assistance
in lifting and moving milk boxes might be necessary...?!). As far as
HEARING them...that might be possible in the near future (albeit
in a lower-quality version...on a machine with lightweight tone arm...?!)

One caveat...he/she/it CANNOT be allergic to cats! I have been
owned by at least one cat for about 40 years...!

Steven C. Barr