[78-L] ARSC

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu May 5 20:05:17 PDT 2011

From: "Philip Carli" <Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu>
>I don't know if the cross-Canada route is gone, but the Toronto-Buffalo leg
>is still up where you can pick up the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago. PC

There was (and may not still be?) an Amtrak/VIA passenger train
which one boarded at Toronto's Union Station around 7;30 am
and took one straight through to Chicago around 7 pm CST.
Very nice ride...I used to take it to the Chicago Blues Festival
every year...and one summer happily discovered there was a small
bunch of us Toronto blues people on board with me...!

Having ridden MANY miles on Greyhound (including one trip back
from Vancouver...and a fraction as much on trains...I give the honours
to train travel (if only because one can buy a cold beer on the train?!)
I haven't checked any Amtrak/VIA web sites as yet...?!

Steven C. Barr