[78-L] slightly OT: BBC R2 Remembering the 20th Century Program(me)

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Thu May 5 15:34:50 PDT 2011

Greeting Shellacophiles...

I have been listening to (and recording for posterity) the Radio 2 program mentioned above, containing musical and news snips (which puts it somewhat on-topic I suppose).  When I went to the wonderful (tongue heavily-in-cheek) BBC iplayer to sit and listen to this week's installment (1955), I see that it can not be listened to again. Sadness.

I have 1951 through 1954 recorded, usually a couple of days after the program aired (BBC gives you a week to listen again... usually...). In case this will not air again, did anyone in the UK manage to record this weeks installment?

Thanks in advance

Brad
who recently found his cassette copies of "Documenting the Blues" and as soon as I can get a decent cassette player running will re-encode and... :)