[78-L] Victor 25686-A Just Once In A While

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Apr 30 15:46:14 PDT 2011

I have 3 label variants (images, of course) of 25686-A and assume JUST... is the first one.
As follows:
#1 - JUST ONCE IN A WHILE. Inner row of patents complete.
#2 - ONCE IN A WHILE. Inner row of patents complete.
#3 - ONCE IN A WHILE. Inner row of patents with gap (at 7h one patent removed).
#3 is a later label type (the new VICTOR GUIDE shows it in Fig. IX-2 and dates this
Victor label type IX.A.1.b as late 1941-fall 1943).
My image #3 is a version with 2 cuts in the double ring at 10h/2h.

Han Enderman
===
>>> I wonder if that's an early pressing, since the song was originally called
Dancing With You and there was a thread here (or on Toast of New York) about
Dorsey doing the song with that title before it was recorded. Or something.

dl

On 4/30/2011 4:42 PM, J. E. Knox wrote:
> Greetings from FixitLand!
>
> Have encountered a label variation on Victor 25686-A by Tommy Dorsey
> -- usually titled ONCE IN A WHILE -- but this copy is titled JUST
> ONCE IN A WHILE. Anyone else have, or ever seen, a copy of this? New
> one to me!
>
> Now I'll be looking for a copy that says --Tox Trot or --Fox Frot.
> <grin>
>
> Take care,
>

> Joe
-----
That's what I'm thinking. Gold print, otherwise no different from my
current copy with the usual title. I have an inquiry pending
regarding what the session sheet says.

Take care,
Joe
<<<